Source: Running USA
Seven elected to two-year terms; new 17-member board meets at upcoming Running USA 2013 conference in Savannah, Georgia
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - (January 31, 2013) - Running USA, a national non-profit organization, recently held an election for seven Board of Directors seats and its members selected the following running industry leaders for the newly constituted 17-member board that is listed below with affiliation and term.
Elected for two-year terms (7):
- Anne Audain (Evansville, IN), AA Sports Marketing
- Iris Simpson Bush* (Cincinnati, OH), Flying Pig Marathon
- Nick Curl (Los Angeles, CA), LA Marathon
- Faron Kelley* (Kissimmee, FL), runDisney
- Joe Moreno* (East Moline, IL), Quad Cities Marathon
- Beth Salinger (Chicago, IL), Hospital Hill Run
- Mike Schmitz (Williamston, SC), Electric City Printing
*first-time board member
Continuing Board Members (terms expire 01/2014):
- Kevin Callahan (Austin, TX), MapMyRun.com
- Mike Coleman (San Diego, CA), The Active Network
- John Elliott (Boulder, CO), MarathonGuide.com / Web Marketing Associates
- Kevin Hanson (Rochester Hills, MI), Hansons-Brooks Distance Project
- Basil Honikman (Santa Barbara, CA), Basil Honikman Consulting
- Patrice Matamoros (Pittsburgh, PA), Dick's Sport Goods Pittsburgh Marathon
- Max Siegel* (Indianapolis, IN), USATF CEO#
- Lonnie Somers (Littleton, CO), Hallucination Sports
- Jack Staph (Cleveland, OH), Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon
- Renee Washington* (Indianapolis, IN), USATF COO#
*first-time board member
#two seats appointed by USA Track & Field
The officers of Running USA are: president, Virginia Brophy Achman; vice president, Beth Salinger; treasurer, Lonnie Somers; secretary, Jeff Matlow (imAthlete) and president emeritus, Allan Steinfeld (New York Road Runners).
Running USA Board of Directors and Officers bios are available at: www.runningusa.org/board-of-directors
In conjunction with Running USA 2013: The 10th Industry Conference, the new board will hold its first meeting on Sunday, February 24 at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. The annual signature conference for the running industry will be in Savannah, Georgia on February 24-26, 2013.
The conference rate is $649 for Running USA members / $849 non-members, and the next price increase will be February 1, 2013 ($699 / $899) - register today. Conference registration also includes daily meals during the conference and admission to the Hall of Champions Awards Dinner.
On-line registration, hotel, travel, news and other information for Running USA 2013 is available at: RunningUSA.org.
About Running USA
Running USA advances, serves, promotes and celebrates the sport of running as a clearinghouse and resource center and though its popular annual conference, website, Running USA wire, Running USA Industry E-News, National Runner Survey, annual marathon, half-marathon and State of the Sport reports, and by providing athlete support via the Allan Steinfeld Development Award.
Running USA's more than 330 members include events with 2-plus million finishers and prize money exceeding $5.7 million, race services companies, running-related media companies and organizations and the athletic industry.
In March 2009, the non-profit industry organization marked a decade of achievement to build and promote the sport. For more information, visit: RunningUSA.org or contact Ryan Lamppa at (805) 966-7747 or Ryan@RunningUSA.org.