- 1. At the Montreal Olympics the USA won 34 gold medals. How many did the German Democratic Republic, a country the size of the State of Virginia, win?
- 2. When did Steve Scott set his American mile record of 3:47.69 (since eclipsed by Alan Webb)?
- 3. Name the runner in the photo above.
- 4. Who was the first athlete from the USSR to win an Olympic gold medal at a distance less than 5,000M?
- 5. John Akii-Bua won the 400M hurdles at the Munich Olympics as he became the first man to run sub 48 seconds. How many siblings did he have?
- 6. At the 1984 LA Games 3000M Zola Budd and Mary Decker got entangled resulting in Decker falling and not finishing the race. Who won the race?
- 7. Who was the first woman to be officially timed for the marathon?
- 8. In the 1984 Olympics Carl Lewis of the USA won four gold medals. Whose record did he equal in doing so?
- 9. Which of the following have won TWO Olympic Gold medals in the marathon?
- 10. Name the two Americans who placed fourth in the 1972 and 1976 Olympic marathon.